A homemade pepperberry sauce has a rich spiciness with fantastic aromatics that lends itself readily to an Asian style cuisine.
During mid summer, plums of all varieties can be found readily throughout Australian gardens.
Harvest these goodies! Don’t let these go to waste!
We’ll teach you how to make a rich Plum & Pepperberry Sauce from scratch!
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 40 minutes Yield: about 2 cups Calories per serving: 31 Fat per serving: 0
- 15-20 small to medium plums
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 tbs Pepperberry Syrup
- 5g ground Dried Pepperberry
- Season with Pepperberry Soy to taste
- Slice plums in half and discard pits. Cut each half into about 6 chunks.
- Mix plums in a saucepan with garlic, onion and soy sauce.
- Heat on medium for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend well with an immersion blender and add the Pepperberry Syrup and ground dried pepperberry.
- Serve over roast duck and season with Pepperberry Soy to taste