Tasmanian Pepperberry & Lemon Myrtle Sorbet
Makes 2 pints, or about 5 cups
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the water, sugar and lemon myrtle, and heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and Pepperberry Syrup. Add some ground dried pepper for extra pepper bite!
- Transfer to an ice cream maker. Churn according to manufacturer instructions. When the sorbet has frozen into ice crystals (it will still seem quite soft), transfer to a storage container, cover tightly and freeze until ready to serve. The sorbet will solidify in the freezer.
- Sorbet Without an Ice Cream Maker: If you do not have an ice cream maker, you can transfer mixture to a 9×13 metal baking pan. Freeze until firm (about 2 to 3 hours), stirring with a fork every half hour.
- Serve with Dark Peppa Dessert Sauce
4 egg whites
220g Caster sugar
pinch of salt
1tsp finely ground pepperberry
- Preheat oven to 120°C. Line two baking trays with non-stick paper.
- Use an electyric mixer to whisk egg whites, salt and pepperberry until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar whisking throughout until sugar dissolves.
- After all the sugar has dissolved, continue to whisk on high for 3 minutes.
- Spoon meringue onto lined trays and sprinkle finely ground pepper over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 mins.
Serve with our Dark Peppa Dessert Sauce